Lung Health Checks continue to be available in Hillingdon, Hammersmith and Fulham, and Sutton. If you are aged 55-74 with a history of smoking, you will be receiving an invite letter in the post soon.
Lung Health Checks continue to be done remotely via the telephone at this time. When making an appointment, we will arrange a convenient time for you to be called by one of our specialist nurses who will carry out the check with you. If you need a CT of your lungs, you will be sent an appointment to come along at a time that suits you.
Scans are taking place at the Royal Brompton Hospital and at our mobile scanner sites at Tesco Yiewsley and Tesco Cheam. When you come in for a scan measures are in place to keep you safe:
- Social distancing – we have a large waiting area where you will not be in close contact with others.
- We ask that you wear a facemask at all times, unless you have a valid medical reason not to.
- Hand sanitiser is available in all rooms
- Your CT scan is very quick, only taking a couple of minutes, so you will be in the facility for as short a time as possible.
Please call us on 020 7351 8607 to book your appointment.
When you make the call, please let us know if:
- You need an interpreter
- You have accessibility issues – such as trouble walking, seeing or hearing
- You need any other special arrangements for your appointment
We can then put arrangements in place to make sure the appointment is suitable and comfortable for you.